A photo of a bridge in the British capital London has been shared repeatedly in multiple Facebook posts that claim it was illuminated in the campaign colors of Ferdinand Marcos Jr and his running mate Sara Duterte after they won the 2022 Philippine presidential election. But the local authority that manages the bridge told AFP the claim is false. The photo previously circulated in reports about a commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Bangladesh’s independence in 2021.
The post’s Tagalog-language caption translates to English as: “LOOK: The LONDON BRIDGE is one with the people in congratulating our President Bongbong Marcos and VP Mayor Inday Sara Duterte.”
The post circulated online after Ferdinand Marcos Jr — son of the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos — and his running mate Sara Duterte — daughter of the incumbent President Rodrigo Duterte — secured landslide victories in the 2022 Philippine presidential and vice-presidential election.
RELATED FACT CHECK
- No, London Bridge Tower also isn’t lit up for Marcos-Duterte’s presumptive victory
- Kuwait not celebrating Marcos-Duterte victory
- Kuwait DID NOT celebrate Marcos-Duterte victory through tower-lighting, air shows
- Kingdom Tower in Riyadh does not support Marcos Jr.
- Post falsely claims light shows for Marcos-Duterte win